TRAVELLING TO MARRAKESHEven though travelling to Marrakesh by car, bus or train is an option, it is obviously faster, and very often cheaper, to do so by plane.
Many low-cost airline companies fly to Marrakesh airport from major European cities, including Royal Air Maroc, Easy Jet, Jet Air Fly, Transavia, Ryanair, Air Arabia, British Airways…
Since fares vary over time, it is recommended to book at least two months in advance.
TRANSFERS ON DAYS OF ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE
Marrakech - DAR TANIT and DAR TANIT - Marrakech
The Marrakesh - Ménara airport is 6 Kms East of the city. The 35 Kms transfer to DAR TANIT takes between 30 and 45 minutes.
Several options are available for transfers depending on the number of passengers and the kind of vehicle:
- by large taxi, up to 4 people,
- by private minibus, from 4 to 6 people:
-- 20 to 30€, during the day; 30 to 40€, after 8pm,
If you want DAR TANIT to arrange for transfers, you’ll need to provide the following information:
- date and time of arrival
- meeting point: airport, bus station…
- airline company and travel reference (flight number for instance)
Upon arrival, the driver will wait for you with a sign reading “DAR TANIT“.
TRAVELLING FROM DAR TANITTo travel in Morocco, you can use:
- A car, personally owned or rented, You’ll be free to go wherever you want but will have to be very cautious and tactful,
Rental cars are also available : upon arrival, at the airport, if previously booked on the Internet, or by contacting recommended agencies
- “Grands taxis“ (or large taxis) or chauffeur driven cars, by directly contacting such service providers;
- Buses : there is a bus service going both ways between Marrakesh and the village of DAR TANIT;
- Walks, Are the best to wander across large towns but, if necessary, you can go for the “petits taxis” (small taxis) or horse-drawn carriages, much more romantic.